I began piano lessons at the age of 11, and quickly thereafter discovered the music of Scott Joplin and Joseph Lamb. I became obsessed with their music, and by the age of 14, I placed first in a state-wide youth ragtime piano competition in California. Since then, I have performed at festivals and concerts around the US and even in Europe and South America.
My main musical influences stem from Scott Joplin, Fats Waller, Dick Wellstood, James P. Johnson, Joseph Lamb, and Max Morath. In 2016, I recorded a solo piano album entitled "Snowy Morning Blues" on a beautiful concert Steinway D located at the University of Pittsburgh. This album is available on iTunes and Spotify, and you can even purchase a physical copy of it from Rivermont Records.
· West Coast Ragtime Festival, Sacramento, CA. (2007-2012, 2015-2020)
· Scott Joplin Ragtime Festival, Sedalia, MO. (2008-2012, 2016-2017)
· Sutter Creek Ragtime Festival, (2008-2012, 2016-2018)
· Eau Clair Ragtime Festival, Eau Claire, WI (2009-2011, 2013)
· Blind Boone Ragtime and Early Jazz Festival, Columbia, MO (2010-2012)
· Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, Sacramento, CA (2008-2010)
· Oakhurst Ragtime Festival, Oakhurst, CA (2011-2013, 2017-2018)
· Durango Ragtime and Early Jazz Festival, Durango, CO (2013, 2016)
· Cape Cod Ragtime Festival, Orleans, MA (2018-2019)
· World Championship Old-Time Piano Contest, Peoria, IL (2010, 2012)
· World Championship Old-Time Piano Contest, Oxford, MS (2016)
· Bohem Ragtime and Jazz Festival, Kecskemét , Hungary (2012)
· Buenos Aires Ragtime Festival, Buenos Aires, Argentina (2017)
· Solo concerts in California, Oregon, Arizona, Idaho.
Max Keenlyside, master stride pianist and piano technician, and I in Buenos Aires, November 2017.
Andrew Greene, Founder and Director of the Peacherine Ragtime Society Orchestra in Sacramento, CA, November 2017.